Bart from our Marketing team will guide you through some useful tips that might help you to beat the midweek blues.
Written by Nathana
It is known by hoteliers around the world that cultivating your brand online can bring good results, but not everyone had the proper time to focus on it just yet. We know it can be a little bit scary, especially when you do not have a lot of experience using online tools. But we can assure you it's worth the effort! Apart from increasing your occupancy rate, it can also help you improve your customer service, allow you to communicate with your guests in a better manner, and also generate traffic to your website. Our marketing manager Bart will guide you through some useful tips that might help you to beat the midweek blues.
Make good use of social media
With so many social networks around there it might be difficult to choose the right one. But how to choose the best for your accommodation? Experts in digital marketing and social media would recommend to go with the most popular and then choose another one that fits your target audience better. Understanding these demographics – who is going to see your posts – it’s one of the critical points to succeed. Below is some fact sheet that can help you choose the right one!
- According to Statista, at the moment Facebook is still the most popular network, with more than 2.32 billion monthly active users as of the fourth quarter of 2018. Facebook is the ideal choice to build new relationships and get the attention of guests with a personal view of your accommodation.
- Right after, Instagram is the second most used platform, reaching 1 billion users in June 2018. More than 70% of this number are users under 35 years old.
- On the other hand, whether B2B or B2C, LinkedIn can be used for business networking, creating partnerships and trust.
Add a Direct Booking button to your Facebook page.
A while ago, Facebook introduced a 'Call-to-Action' button that helps users to find your website easier. Because of its location, it's also possible that this button will be one the first things that your guests will see when they get into your page. As a hotelier, you can add a " Book Now " button which is very easy to set up and we will show you how.
- Click + Add a Button below your Page's cover photo.
- Select the " Book Now " button from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on ' Link to your Website ' and paste your booking URL address. Click ' Save ' then ' Finish '.
Done! Just so you know, your booking page can integrate directly with a Booking Engine system like RoomRaccoon. You can customize the page to your corporate identity, and your guests can make their reservations in a much easier and automated way.
Connect your business to OTAs
The Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) play a very important role in getting more bookings. Especially for independent hoteliers who sometimes can not invest heavily in technology. There's no denying that besides helping you reach a worldwide audience, they can also make the task of comparing hotels much easier than before. From a traveler point of view, it's easier to find the OTAs when they need it the most. These companies allow travelers to make their planning more effective by providing valuable information all in one place, so make sure to connect with them.
How did you like our tips? RoomRaccoon is an all-in-one solution for hotels, B&B's and apartments. Property Management Software, Booking Engine and Channel Manager. No hidden costs, no service costs and no commissions. As hoteliers ourselves, we know that running a property can be tough sometimes. Let us know if you want to improve and automate your hotel business. Ask for your personalized free demo now!